Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Pink Papery Metallic Challenge

Well I think I'm alive...late last night my tummy was hurting me REALLY bad. My hubby had the flu Sunday so, I was thinking maybe I was starting to get it. Which of course was praying I wouldn't...I tried to keep the house clean, my hands washed and lysol sprayed. Well I was right...5am it hit me hard. I went to the Dr. around 10:30am because I was in so much pain. He said I had the stomach flu and gave me a shot in they bum so the nausea could go away. I slept ALL day long and just woke up now. I'm feeling better my body hurts really bad still. It feels like I was ran over with a truck! I'm glad the nausea is away that's what really matters.

Anyways...I'm here posting my challenge a little late in the day. I just had no energy to do it earlier. Our challenge for Pink Papery was to use metallic on our cards today. My scalloped circle, the glitter and the ribbon is metallic as well as the stars on the background. The digital stamp is by Whimsy Studios called Her first Dance you can purchase it here at the Pink Papery store http://host.pappapak16.com/~pinkpape/category_19/Whimsy-Studios.htm

After I was done with the challenge card yesterday I decided to make another. On this card I was inspired by the sketch that Jessica's daughter drew up here http://thewhimsicalbutterfly.blogspot.com/2009/01/fabulous-twinkling-tuesday-isnt-she.html . Jessica is one of the DT members for Pink Papery Studio's. Thanks Jessica for the sketch challenge.

This was also a digital image that I used for this card. It's a by Whimsy Studios and is called devil's food cake stamp.

7 comments:

Danni said...

Hope you feel better asap!! No fun being sick!
Very cute cards!

Janna said...

Both of these are just adorable!! I love the black on each of them! Great job!

Smiles,
Janna

Kimmie said...

Very nice card. What did you use for the icing on the devil's food cake? It looks great!

Berry said...

Hello I left an award on my blog please pass go and collect the 200 dollars hahaha like monopoly if you can place it on your blog that would be great thanks bere

Michelle said...

Hey Valerie!! I came to check in, so sorry to hear you have the stomach yuck!! I get it every year...unfortunately I haven't had it yet so it's still in my future...great cards you've made, that cake stamp is the cutest!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is FABULOUS and I'm so sorry i didnt' see it before!?!?! WOW...I will show M tomorrow. She will be thrilled!

Lori McDonough said...

Hi Valerie...i wanted to introduce myself...my name is Lori and I am the artist who created the cake/cupcake stamps that you have made these sweet cards with. I am having so much fun visiting the blogs of the girls on the Pink Papery Studios Design Team. I am tickled to see my stamps in living color! You are very talented! Happy stamping!